Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Fabric Collage Art : Book One #1"Lace"

Loads of fun creating with fabric & lace & buttons!!

I love making or repurposing books. So, why not books full of Fabric Collage pages?  

Right away I began cutting backing rectangles for adhering and stitching the collage. Then also cut flannel or linen type fabric to attach the completed collages, page by page.
I chose 6X9" as my size and pulled one of my repurposed hardcover books in which to bind all the finished pieces. I'll bind all the finished fabric pages; then attach the bundle to the (empty) hardcover spine.

The theme of this book is "Lace" with its first collage page.

By the way, the hardcover empty book is proving to be a safe holding place for finished pieces until I'm ready to bind.

Please share what you decide to make!