Monday, July 25, 2016

Struggling with Rhythm

Very Rough Layout
 
I've been exploring rhythm and trying to show syncopation this month.  My inspiration is Scott Joplin's Pineapple Rag - to honor him I added his music score to the background (printed on organza).  Then I needed dancers because to me rhythm means movement & dancing.  I've moved the dancers around quite a bit but I'm not there yet.  The center figure is intentionally more hidden thru lighter colors but I think the head needs a darker outline.  Anyway do you have tips for me?  Or do you have experience with depicting syncopation in art quilts?  I'd love to hear from you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deborah, LOVE the dancers and the subtle background fabric with its music print...but confess I find the darker music printed on organza rather distracting...I enlarged the photo to look at it more closely but still can't quite tell the central figure...a woman? Not dancing? Her significance? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...