Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Going Back to a Previous Sketch

 
This sketch was combined from a couple of my photos during a grand time at Asilomar.  But it missed the boat in several areas - though it had potential.
 
I decided to rework & use it as inspiration not realism.  The result is the piece below.  What a test of working with perspective!!! Lots of mods to get it right. I ultimately found that using string to represent top and bottom post lines stretched to vanishing points made it doable.  It is not quilted yet.  I will employ my minimalist methods to enhance the background and to create grounding under each post. 
What do you think?



1 comment:

  1. Deborah, I like how you have expressed essential aspects from your sketch in the start of your art quilt. Even if you choose not to create grounding under each post it could be a very powerful work--like the often jagged path we lead through life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...