Thursday, January 12, 2012

The House Quilt Project


One of several things I am grateful for in 2011 is getting involved in The House Quilt Project.   http://thehousequiltproject.blogspot.com/
It has been a joy to make quilts for our returning veterans to express our WELCOME HOME to them in a personal way.  To give them a token of our appreciation for their service to keep our country safe.

Several years ago I read an article in a knitting magazine about a woman and her daughter starting the “Stitches from the Heart” organization.  The group made beanie hats for preemie babies for their trip home from the hospital.  I was drawn to participate because my first child was a preemie born at 7 months and I would have loved to have had a beanie for him to go home in.  It was wonderful to think I could give a gift of a beanie to a new mom and her preemie babe.   The veteran quilts have a similar meaning for me.  Though my husband was stateside in the reserves, he could have been shipped to Viet Nam for any alert.  I think of him coming home and how wonderful it would be for him to receive one of these little gifts – so – I love making the house quilts for our veterans! 

To All Our Veterans, Thank You!
I have included pictures of my recent houses:)
Please follow the link to The House Quilt Project to check out this wonderful project.



1 comment:

  1. I love this house quilt. The dark of the trees against the snowy background is wonderful. Good for you for making this. Whoever gets it will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...