Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sisters Oregon Outdoor Quilt Show - July 2011

This summer I had the honor of being one of 35 artists chosen to be a Featured Artist for the opening event of the Sisters Quilt Show week - "Around the Block Fiber Arts Stroll".   Each artist was paired with a local Sisters merchant to exhibit and sell their art.  I had the pleasure of working with the Paulina Springs Book Store.  My display and participation tables were set up in the front of the store.  Though I offered small, fun project kits, my quilted fabric covered books were the star of my exhibit.  Many people enjoyed picking through the stack to find that special book for a souvenir or a gift.  The handmade books are great as journals or sketchbooks.  Lots of fun is to be had embellishing the book covers.  We had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...